(new name: formerly the Bulldog Triathlon Weekend)
August 17 – 18, 2013
1 Weekend – 2 Days – 5 Great Events!
Why We Run the Chatham-Kent YMCA Triathlon
We believe every child should have the right to go to camp, learn to swim, play basketball etc. 1 in 6 children in our community are living in poverty. Their ability to participate in activities like these is extremely limited.
The YMCA Strong Kids Campaign helps ensure no child is left out and every family who needs financial assistance has access to YMCA facilities and programs.
When you compete in the Chatham-Kent YMCA Triathlon, you support the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign and help make it possible for children in our community to have a healthy breakfast, have a “Y” membership, go to summer camp, be on a sports team, be in licensed child care or benefit from a youth scholarship.
- Glen and Norma, Jen and John at Chiptime Results
- Jim Anderson and the Erieau Firefighters
- Ric McArthur and all the Friends of Rondeau for providing food services
- Jerrod and staff at Heuvelmans for our pace car
- Mike and staff at Medavie EMS for emergency support
- Venkat at On-line Registrations
- Scott Braun and the OPP officers (on land and sea) for keeping us all safe
- Rick Post, Julia Clarke, Jon Wild, Mike Nettleton and the entire crew at Rondeau Provincial Park
- Peter and Buffy at SportsZone Photography for the great pictures
- Paul and the team at Thames Communications for communications gear
- Lynn and Aaron at Triathlon Ontario
- Jerry and the Windsor Paramedic Bike Patrol team
and all the volunteers who give of their time and talent.
This is important! To speed up race day check-in, we recommend you carefully review the following waivers that you / your parent/legal guardian need to understand, sign and submit. Every triathlete (or guardian) must understand and sign at least 2 waivers, the Participant Waiver and the Photography Waiver.
In addition, to participate in our events you must have no physical or health conditions which might endanger your life or the safety of the other participants. If you do have a pre-existing medical condition of this nature, you must have consulted a qualified medical health professional who, in accordance with the conditions stated on our Medical Fitness Declaration form has “in writing” determined that you are fit to participate with no limitations.